Hey there #phpmauritius, our good friends over at “Mauritius Software Craftsmanship Community” are hosting their 2nd Developers Conference in Mauritius (mainly for Mauritians) this week – in just 2 days’ time.
Jochen, the founder of the MSCC community and #DevConMRU, has been awesome in dedicating a full track to Usergroups in Mauritius. And we, #phpmauritius, will be there as well to give you a first intro to our newly shaped PHP UG this year in Mauritius.
Importance Of Attending This Mauritian Conference
- NETWORKING & SHARING – For me the #1 important aspect is the “networking” part – by being there you will meet people that are playing a key part in the IT development scene in Mauritius. And sharing common interests with people that vibe on the same tunes as you are. This is such a vital part.
- LEARN SOMETHING NEW – #DevConMRU by its very nature proposes a diversity of talk. So get out of your sweet spot and learn something new instantly. This is an amazing opportunity to get an awareness of other technologies beside the one you are using and see how it can fit in your personal career growth.
- GLORY TO THEE OH MOTHERLAND – Help raise the Mauritian IT flag high up! YES, Let’s do this! It’s not like we have so many conferences in Mauritius, this is probably the only one at the moment
- Something that I want to point out, we mauritians suffer so much in terms of being proactive in organizing and participating in conferences. If you step out of the mauritian bubble for a second and peek outside, you’ll see that conferences (whether be it in PHP or other IT related field) is so much part and parcel of a geek’s life. So I appreciate all that MSCC is doing with their 2nd conference here in Mauritius, so guys stand up, and help make this conference the best it can be!
How Can You Help MSCC
- Attend #DevConMRU this friday! Make it a priority to be present for at least one session
- Make some noise – blog, tweet, retweet, share on facebook, linkedin..etc The more the social noise, the merrier
- Bring a friend along – not everyone might be aware of this conference, so do your part of the equation
- Be a volunteer to help the MCSS crew before, during and after the event – an additional hand is never too much!
- After each talk, go thank the speaker – encourage with your valuable feedback and reach out, just reach out!
#PHPMauritius Will Be There – Come Support Us
We will have a brief intro presentation on Friday around 11hr or 11hr 30, so make sure you are there and please bring your #php #elePHPants love along! 🙂 Come reach out to me and Nads, we’ll love to get to know you and also hear your feedback.
Make Sure You Register For DevCon
And you have a few couple of mins to register at http://www.devconmru.org/ if you have not yet done so! If you are late, just reach out to Jochen either on Twitter or facebook, he’ll most probably help you get in the later comers bandwagon – better be late than never! 🙂
Some PHP Sessions At Glance
#phpmauritius in one way or the other will be represented by some of our folks, namely Nadhiir, Pierre-Alexandre, Vanessa and Sean – so let’s support them and be sure to attend at least one of their talks as they will be presenting more than one talk each respectively.
Head over to the Sessions section on http://www.devconmru.org/ to have a glance at their talk.
Till then, see you on Friday!
(Wasseem / @7php)